MaD Lab 10 primer:
Hold down shift to snap to lines on the current shape (adding/moving points)
Hold down shift to snap to points on other shapes (moving points/layer.)
Hold down ctrl to snap to grid.
Select multiple points using Select tool (drag)
Use new hotkeys (see changelog)
Physics previewing in-editor
Various snapping features to smoothen designing and help with gaps
Moving layers up/down one layer at a time
Grid that moves and scales with camera
Settings and workspace saving
Optimisation and general polish
- Added rightclick support (dragging pans)
- Added mousewheel support (scrolling zooms / click resets)
(Flash Player 14+ is required for the above two.)
- Added various hotkeys
-  Toggle Current Layer Properties
- [N] New Layer
- [Shift] Line Snapping toggle
- [Ctrl] Grid Snapping toggle
- [Space] Point Snapping toggle
- [L] Lightmode on/off
- [G] Small grid on/off
- [P] Toggle layer displaying mode
- [M] Toggle physics previewing on/off
- [Z] Reset zoom & camera position
- [Del/Backspace] Deletes layer
- [Enter] Preview on/off
- [PageDown/PageUp] Move layer bottom/top
- [Arrow Up/Down] Move layer up/down
- [X/Y] Flip layer horizontally/vertically
- Moved from bitmapdata to sprite rendering for performance and scaling purposes
- Moved from forced grid to freeform editing (this contains a bunch of different changes I won't bother listing)
- Added new font
- Added new logo
- Added physics previewing
- Added zooming to the camera (mousewheel required, may add hotkeys later on)
- Added JSON exporting (importing todo)
- Added layer moving up/down one at a time (replacing Top/Bottom hotkeys)
- Added polygon tool (Super WIP. Use C/V to decrement/increment the corner count.)
- Added new grid system that scrolls, scales, and is generally better
- Added settings support, and various settings (suggestions welcome)
- Added tooltip support to windows
- Added height slider support to windows
- Added a bunch of snapping features
- Added point selecting and moving (drag using Select tool)
- Added new layer properties
(These do not currently work in MaD2, and I'm not sure if they ever will due to technical difficulties with this)
- Decorative (only graphical, no collider)
- Invisible (no graphics, only a collider)
- Added Reference field to the item menu (please fill if your design is a reference to any existing thing)
- Modified backend support (backend todo)
- Modified window styling
- Modified all textfields to appear identically across all stage qualities
- Modified layer data serialising
- Modified save format
- Optimised a bunch
- Removed slope thing as unnecessary due to grid changes
- Removed save notification (autosave/backup todo)
- Removed object properties because there was never support for them in the first place
- Fixed objects sometimes loading in the wrong positions
- Fixed a bunch of stuff I can't even remember any more
- Broke a bunch of stuff because this is a massive patch. Report bugs please and thank you!
Where to start?
Start by importing existing item files and seeing how they're constructed, note the style, colour palettes, etc.
Lots of item files can be found via MaD Parser.
Timelapses can be found via MaD2 Youtube.
How to submit items?
Upload the exported item file(s) somewhere and PM the link(s) to 0rava on Kongregate.
Approved idea list.
(Not kept updated. Please ensure none of the stuff has been added yet.)
How to add functionality?
MaD Lab is a design tool for item models only.
Any and all functionality is added in-code by -rava.
When will my item be added?
Items will be added in the game purely at -rava's discretion, and may be removed without notice at any time after adding them.
Why does my item look different than the one I submitted?
To ensure quality, -rava may modify any submitted items before adding them in the game.